I manage a VMM 2008 environment and I believe we are starting to hit limitations on VMM 2008 and how many connections it can do. It seems like every week/2 weeks RPC starts to crap out on the VMM PC and causes all the VM's on the manage hosts (we have 6 hosts, where 4 hosts have about 100 VM's a piece, and the other 2 have 40ish VM's) to go into a "Host Not Responding" state. When I try to manually execute a Refresh, it instantly says it can't connect to the agent for all 6 hosts.
After rebooting the whole VMM server, the connections are established. Whats also a little weird is, it can only refresh 3 hosts at a time, and the 4th host won't connect back to the VMM console, until one of the first three are finishing refreshing there properties (about a 30 minute process a piece).
So just wondering, are there any connection limitations in VMM 2008? I am working on setting up a new VMM server with VMM 2008 R2 and migrating to that in the next month. Probably won't be upgrading to 2012 until mid next year if not later.
After rebooting the whole VMM server, the connections are established. Whats also a little weird is, it can only refresh 3 hosts at a time, and the 4th host won't connect back to the VMM console, until one of the first three are finishing refreshing there properties (about a 30 minute process a piece).
So just wondering, are there any connection limitations in VMM 2008? I am working on setting up a new VMM server with VMM 2008 R2 and migrating to that in the next month. Probably won't be upgrading to 2012 until mid next year if not later.