• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Connection acting up. Help please.

CANiSLAYu

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 13, 2000
Messages
6,667
Hi. I have the SBC Yahoo Pro Package in San Diego, CA. This is the first major problem I've experienced with my connection in going on 3 years now. The downstream is just horrible:

sbcconnection1.jpg


As you can see the upstream is unaffected. Normally the downstream is around 2300 kbps. It's been like this for about a week now. Like I said, it's been working fine for years, but I have verified all the filters and necessary cables are in their proper places. I've power cycled the modem/router/PC numerous times. I've cleared all cookies/cache/history. Same result. The modem is a SpeedStream 5360 and the router is a Belkin High Speed Mode Wireless G Router with Built-In USB Print Server (F5D7231-4P), both wired (PC) and wireless (notebook).

Is there anything I can do beyond having a tech come out to check the line? Thanks in advance for any help.
 
Yep, remove the router from the equation before you call them and verify it is a line problem. Also making sure your router has the latest firmware.
 
Back
Top