Connecting to Multiple Wireless Networks Simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just moved into a complex where there are two other unsecured wireless networks available (in addition to my own). Is there a program that I can use to connect to all three of them simultaneously for more bandwidth? Someone told me about something called "stumbler" or something like that. Is it possible to connect to more than one at a time and whore bandwidth from the old people in my buildings who probably don't even use their connections anyways? ;)

Thanks.

access networks that are not your own is illegal and will not be talked about on these forums google is your friend use it

admin lock this thread :eek:

FYI its not illegal to access a completely open network, otherwise going to the library to use a computer would be illegal. Now, cracking someone's password to get on their network is illegal, but using a completely open network, that is using no security settings, cant be illegal... talk to an attourney about it, or read up about it...

You cant connect to more than the amount of NICs you have.

The program you refer to as "stumbler" is Netstumbler. It's not used to connect to networks but to get information about the wireless networks.

Wireless networks is considered to be in the same class as radio. As long as it is not secured, anyone is allowed to access it.

SomeFknGuy said:
FYI its not illegal to access a completely open network, otherwise going to the library to use a computer would be illegal. Now, cracking someone's password to get on their network is illegal, but using a completely open network, that is using no security settings, cant be illegal... talk to an attourney about it, or read up about it...
Hey SomeFknGuy you are quite right. Accessing open unrestricted networks is not defined as hacking by law (varies by state/country). If I wanted to I could leave my wireless router open to anyone that wants to access it. Its my choice. If I didn't want other people using it I would have put into place some sort of encryption or password structure. It might be immoral for somepeople, but its not illegal, and thus is quite "talkable" on these forums. Talking about hacking into other peoples encrypted networks is not allowed for sure.

Cheers,

pianoprodigy said:
I have just moved into a complex where there are two other unsecured wireless networks available (in addition to my own). Is there a program that I can use to connect to all three of them simultaneously for more bandwidth? Someone told me about something called "stumbler" or something like that. Is it possible to connect to more than one at a time and whore bandwidth from the old people in my buildings who probably don't even use their connections anyways? ;)

Thanks.
I would just forget about it. Whoring bandwidth isn't very neighbourly. You would have to bridge the connections, but you would some expensive hardware. You internet traffic only gets routed out one router.

Cheers,

Sean said:
I would just forget about it. Whoring bandwidth isn't very neighbourly. You would have to bridge the connections, but you would some expensive hardware. You internet traffic only gets routed out one router.

Cheers,

Yeah, "whoring" carries such a negative connotation :p

The[H]uman - Lighten up, secret agent man. I'm not doing anything illegal. I'm not stealing anything from them. I'm not changing their router settings (although I'm sure I could). I'm not trying to look at their files. I was just curious to know if it is possible to connect to multiple wireless networks at once. I hardly do any downloading anyways; therefore, the neighbors that I'm "whoring" from wouldn't even notice.

I love it when people take it upon themselves to "tattle" on others to the moderators. "Moderator, Moderator! This bad man is trying to do something that I think is bad! Make him stop, make him stop!" :rolleyes:

To those who have tried to help, Thanks! Anyone else have any ideas or is it more complicated than it's worth?

the legalities of wireless network theiving have not yet been ironed out in the courts.
http://faq.wardrive.net/

check out section II

however it prolly is/will be illegal. shame on you for considering doing it permamently.
note, i do it myself, and I am a bad person when I do it, but WoW owns me
your are stealing someones bandwidth, and its not cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back