Connecting Sub with new Speakers.

aeon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
369
Hey I'm getting some new speakers (M-audio BX5a Deluxe) and I was wondering how I would go about connecting my sub and speakers to my sound card.

With my current setup, I'm using an optical cable going to my speakers and from the sound card output a 3.5mm split to two rca into the sub. Now with the new speakers, I would have to get a 3.5mm to 1/4" cable since I can't use the optical output from my sound card anymore. That takes up the the connection I was using for the sub. Hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions?
 
Well I ended up using my headphone jack for the sub woofer. I'm planning on buying a receiver down the road and run everything through that.
 
i just got a sub with speaker level in/out

runt he L/R speakes into the L/R speaker in on sub, run cable from L/R speaker out to the L/R speakers..done
 
Back
Top