• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Connecting new TV to computer problems

Keshik

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
120
Hi,

I just got a new TV (42" 1080P LG LCD) and am trying to hook it up to my computer. My computer has an AGP 6600GT and Windows XP on it. I have a DVI - HDMI cable that I bought a while ago. The TV also has a VGA computer input port.

My problem is that when I plug the cable into the DVI port on my video card the computer doesn't recognize that it has been plugged in. I can't access it on my display properties settings. My TV recognizes that something has been plugged into the HDMI port, but it just displays "No Signal" (obviously, I suppose).

Can anyone give me some advice or guidance? I'm considering just buying a VGA cable to connect the two right now.

Thanks!!
 
I wonder if you are having any HDCP issues. Most if not all newer tvs have hdmi inputs that are hdcp compliant. You may need a video card that is hdcp compliant. Any luck using the vga connection?
 
ATI driver has a force TV detection button, anything like that on the nVidia side? Sorry, been a while.

Obviously you probably tried booting up with the display powered on and plugged in? How about setting your desktop res to 720p, shutdown, unplug your main monitor, reboot with just the TV plugged in.

Just ideas, worth trying just to kick things into gear.
 
Turns out a restart was all that was required. Or a few of them :p

Thanks for the replies all.
 
Back
Top