Connecting iPod to Car Reciever

AceHigh

Limp Gawd
I need some help finding out the best way to connect an iPod to a Car Reciever so i can listen to MP3's in my car. Ne help would be appreciated. TY

Something like this you mean?
ipod_car.jpg

Mine was done by using the Belkin TuneDok Car Holder for iPod and Belkin Auto Charger w/Audio for iPod along with a rca to mini jack cable.

I took the Tunedok cup holder thing and cut just the screw thingy off it and drilled a hole in my dask and mounted it like that, after seeing it was not at the right angle i took a small piece of pvc pipe and cut it at the angle i wanted then put one it on the inside and one end on the outside and it turned out great. to power the ipod i didn't want the auto charger to take up the plug in side my car so i went to radio shack and picked up a 12VDC Car Power Adapter Outlet for like $7 and wired it into the cars wiring. I think the install turned out good, the ipod turns on when the car is started and then pauses when the car is turned off *after like 5 mins the unit itself turns off* so far its the best i can do with what i have to work with. I'm waiting for sony to come out with something so i can run the ipod right in to my head unit and change songs/playlists that way. Feel free to message me on AIm if you need any help, AIM - RiDDLeRThC.

If you haven't bought a head unit yet I know Alpine makes an interface for the iPod to control it directly from the reciever (ala you can stash it in the glove box)

Thats a great idea Riddle...also....wut are the exact names of the Alpines because i no u can only use the newer ones or somethin...LMK

I have a JVC SH99 that has a jack on the front of it so I just have a cable that plugs into that from the headphone jack on my ipod. It also has a jack on the back of the deck if you want to hide the cable somehow.

Ty all for the great ideas....now im just wondering if there is a way to hook it up with my stock CD reciever in my car before i go out and buy a new reciever? wut do u guys think?

If your stock receiver has a CD changer hookup, there are adapters that allow you to use the changer input for an auxillary device.

I would recommend the Alpine 9833 or 9835... both have integrated iPod controls.

hey phildeeze when u say cd changer...do u mean it plays multiple cds or it just has a cd player in it?

Lots of cars offer a CD changer in the trunk as an option. Most of the time, the car companies use the same head units in the cars whether they have changers installed or not. This means that if a cd changer was an option for your car, it is likely that your factory head unit has a spot to plug one in. If so, you can usually buy an adapter that allows you to plug an RCA cable into the changer plugin and add an auxillary device to your factory sound system.

check here for some examples of what I'm talking about. If you have a GM car, for instance, you could get the PXGM9 1996-2002 GM Vehicles and plug your ipod into the changer interface on the back of your factory radio.

is there like a plug in a back where i can just connect a wire (and wut kind of wire?) from the reciever straight to the ipod as an auxillary? LMK

ok...now..how do i no if i have RCA inputs...lol i got a 2000 Honda Civic LX.

RiDDLeRThC:

That's a really nice retro fit on your ipod for your car. I might have to do that myself...

AceHigh said:
ok...now..how do i no if i have RCA inputs...lol i got a 2000 Honda Civic LX.

unless your head unit has an "AUX" button, then you won't have them.

RCA plugs are the red and white connectors on the back of any home-theater component.

Back