Connecting IPod / Playing Music Whilst Gaming

Basically I am wanting to play music while I am gaming, and I was wondering what ways I have to do this?

I will be getting the Z-5500 - which would be connected through analogue to my soundcard. Could I then connect my Ipod at the same time and have it play through the soundcard at the same time? Or maybe plug it into the Z-5500 and have it play through all the speakers using a particular setting on the Control Pod? So basically I was wondering if the Z-5500 allowed you to have 2 sources running at the same time?

Out of interest, if my music is on my computer, is there any way to play and choose tracks while playing a game?

Any help appreciated,

Simon

You could possibly plug the iPod into the Aux-In on your soundcard. That would allow you to listen to both the game and music while still retaining external volume and song selection control via the iPod.

Listening to music on the computer can work if you have a keyboard or device that has pause/play and volume controls. I've seen this work occasionally, but just as often they stop working once you're in the game.

Back