Connecting a headphone jack directly to x fi gamer

Noryn

n00b
First I want to apologize if this has been covered but I have been searching for hours and cannot find a solution. I have the x fi gamer. I currently have a 5.1 speaker set up for my pc which works. Now I also have a set of Sennheiser headphones. So I y the green connection in then connect the microphone to the digital in/flexijack port. Now sometimes I want to play games on my hdtv so I am wanting to hook the tv also up to the sound. Again I tried to y this in then developed quite a bit of buzz in my speakers. I then went to the back of my pc speakers and tried the y there (as opposed to directly on my sound card) to my tv but again the buzz was noticeable. Also once all 3 are hooked in I know longer have sound in the right channel of my headphone.

Also when I y my headphones in, Creative audio panel doesnt recognize them but they do work.

So anyway my question. I understand I can hook intel hd audio 2x5 connector to a front panel connection. (My case does not have this). So without buying a new case, is there a cable that contains the headphone jacks on one end which I can plug directly onto my sound card? I have searched and searched and can find nothing. I could even drill holes in my case for these jacks.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really really appreciate it.

lots of front bay devices for the pc have headphone ports that should connect to the x-fi gamer

also- the buzzing that happens when u pipe in ur tv audio could be from the rca cables -if they r cheap, not well insulated type.

When I had my desktop heres what I would do with my xfi (i had an extrememusic)

I'd hook up the 3 analog ports to my receiver directly (you could just use the 1 front port if you are only doing stereo). This way I'd get surround for all my games through the speakers.

I then took the digital output and hooked it up to an external DAC. The xfi outputs to digital and analog at the same time, but the digital is always 2.0 sound unless you ahve pre-endcoded stuff like dvds. I could then leave the speaker settings to 5.1, but still get proper 2.0 out of the digital output.

Then to switch between headphones and speakers was just a simple matter of turning on my headphone amp, or receiver (or in your case, turning on the dac if if went this way).

Well the problem is that I am currently having to use the digital out/in as my mic in on my card (flexi jack). So if I can take both my headphone connections and put them in the front, I can leave my pc speakers hooked to the analog port and then connect my tv or tv sound sytem to the optical out.

do you have the Xtreme Gamer, or the Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty.

If you have the smaller XtremeGamer then a standard front panel device would work. I'm using this card with my CM Stackers front panel.

If you have the Fatal1ty then you need a $20 adapter to hook up to a standard front panel. However, you would be better off just purchasing the creative front panel (but it should have come with your card).

Back