Connected Xbox One controller to PC and now it won't sync to my Xbox?

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
This morning I tried connecting my Xbox One controller to my PC just to see how well it works (worked fine, btw with the Play n Charge USB cable.) Then I unplugged it and tried to sync it back to my Xbox. All I'm getting is a the flashing home button on the controller. I also tried holding the sync button on the back of the controller until the lights flash rapidly then holding the sync button again (as per the MS website) but it still won't sync.

WTF??

I dont have a One, but with the 360 you have to first set the console into discovery mode before you try to sync your controller back. There was a small button on the front of the 360 you would push, then you would push the button on the controller to sync.

Works just like bluetooth, both the controller and console need to be in discovery.

Just plug it into the Xbox with the USB cable it will sync up done unplug it. You can do it by pressing the sync button on side of Xbox one then controller too but if you have the USB cable its just simply plugging it in it sync unplug.

Thanks guys, plugging the controller into the console w/ the USB cable seemed to do the trick :)

Same issue here -- if you connect to a PC and use it, it will un-sync to the console.

You don't *need* to use a cable to re-sync to the console, just gotta hit the "connect" button on both the controller and the console and they will re-pair. (gotta do this every time you connect to a PC then go back to console)

Back