• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Connect USB hub to PS

JeffBlair

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
333
I was wondering if it was possible to hook up a powered USB hub to an old ATX power supply. I'm going to have some Gridseeds hooked up to it. I already know how to power my RaspberryPi for it, but now sure if I can hook up the hub. I'd like to power everything off of 1 PSU.

On the adapter that came with the hub it has the following:

Input: 100-240VAC 150mA
Output: 5.0V 1000ma +/-50ma
 
I was wondering if it was possible to hook up a powered USB hub to an old ATX power supply. I'm going to have some Gridseeds hooked up to it. I already know how to power my RaspberryPi for it, but now sure if I can hook up the hub. I'd like to power everything off of 1 PSU.

On the adapter that came with the hub it has the following:

Input: 100-240VAC 150mA
Output: 5.0V 1000ma +/-50ma

Your answer is right there. Needs 5VDC so provided the PSU actually delivers something close to 5V you should be fine. The only real hurdle will be making the molex -> <whatever> adaptor. I would recommend against directly modifying the PSU's cables, if you make it out of a molex extension cable then you can use it elsewhere.
 
Back
Top