Connect 3D overclocking better??

Xylo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
421
I've read vague mentions to the Connect 3D cards overclocking a bit better likely due to the use of an external power connector....can anyone give any credible evidence for this (or to the contrary)?

I'm considering buying a X850 XT PE....Also, anyone got any comments about Connect 3D in general? (specifically compared to Visiontek?)


Thanks!
Xylo
 
Overclocking ability varies from individual card to individual card.
Not brand to brand or card model to card model.

Your PNY 6800 GT with serial number 14323 may not overclock at all,
and my PNY 6800 GT with serial number 14324 may overclock to 415/1150.
 
Ok, fine....but within a given brand, and a specific line of card (let's say, oh, I don't know, the x850 xt pe from Connect 3D), there's going to to be SOME vague levels of comparability...
 
Back
Top