Congrats to the [H]ardOCP WCG Team!

nomad8u

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2008

1 Million/month since August and 1.2mil for October so far... might just squeak 1.3 out for October.

While it ain't the [H]orde... you'd be hard pressed to say it ain't [H]ard!!

I gotta steal a line from King_N here...
1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

and then massage it a bit....
2 [H]ard Teams, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

Nice ramp looking at that graph and a nice showing for [H]ardOCP!

We're a quiet bunch (WCG). Well other than my persistent mouth.... :D
But Gettin' R Done for a Cure and the [H] just the same...

Congrats and a big Thanks to all who are quietly pushing this little engine up that hill into the top 50!

Oh yeah... and we got them stinking badges... Thanks King!

Congrats to all the WCG'ers!

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

2.png

Congratulations, it's a great milestone and I'm sure it's not the last with more and more people picking WCG after being fed up with the chronic Stanford issues.

Congrats guys. I'm not having much problems with the Stanford clients, but there is no shortage of problems within this sub forum. I think a lot of the thanks has to go to the Pande Group for driving as many people as possible into distributed computing, and then driving them off almost as quickly.

Keep it up guys!

Well done guys! This is the Horde, Im sure we can get it into the Top 50! ;) More Power!

A big WELL DONE WCGers and way to WCG (or something along those lines :rolleyes:)

Oh yeah, once again, a big thanks for the "non stinkin' badges" King_N

Folding and WCGing for a CURE

Hehe, It's still all one team. Bad form to separate things.
Most teams have a couple of projects they do, mostly because not everyone can do one.

F@H GPU2 is stable on most of my boxes so I run that to support the F@H [H] DCers.

WCG is something I do on my CPUs because I am too busy to babysit the f@h SMP client which is very unstable and has extremely poor support.

The WCG CPU/F@H GPU combination is stable and although the GPU clients constantly have problems getting work units, I just save a few cents in power costs when they sits idle so I don't care much...the WCG clients are still running.

The combination means that when Vijay screws up (again and again and again :) ) I am still contributing to [H] DC.

Hehe, It's still all one team. Bad form to separate things..

I'm not trying to separate things. I'm merely trying to give an occasional push for the WCG side of the house. Sorry you took it that way, but re-reading the OP, I can see how it could be taken that way... that wasn't my intent. If anyone else took it that way my apologies to you as well. I whole heartedly agree it is one great team/family/group here.

However, I read as well as ramble, and reading this thread could potentially lead one to think there is some division there. My reading comprehension may not be what it was at one time but this particular post from the thread seems pretty clear to me.

Good luck with Kyle sanctionning a WCG team. I already made a request (and polls) and he bluntly said that the only official team is the F@H one and no other will be ever sanctionned.

I don't see much ambiguity nor cohesiveness or support in that statement. Might just be me... :rolleyes:

The combination means that when Vijay screws up (again and again and again :) ) I am still contributing to [H] DC.

I couldn't agree more. ;):D

Cheers!

nomad8u, the reason Kyle think that way is because we had our share of problems with UD and Kyle doesn't want another episode so while things is excellent around, he doesn't want to change to mess it.

However, if the problems at Stanford is growing beyone reasonable, I could try once more and explain that it's a good idea to have a backup project which run stable and to aim to be #1. I don't think it's the right time yet.

nomad8u, the reason Kyle think that way is because we had our share of problems with UD and Kyle doesn't want another episode so while things is excellent around, he doesn't want to change to mess it.

However, if the problems at Stanford is growing beyone reasonable, I could try once more and explain that it's a good idea to have a backup project which run stable and to aim to be #1. I don't think it's the right time yet.

Yeah Xil, I've read back through some of the soap opera but not a lot of it.

I'm not looking to change anything and see no real need for Kyle to approve/disapprove. I'm also not looking for headlines/FPP or anything else for the WCG side for the DC community. I was merely trying to help keep some interest alive in the smaller side of our little community.

Let's face it, when one hears the name [H]orde, are they associating that to both communities? Probably not since F@H is the only "supported" project which I can completely understand from Kyle's perspective and looking a little into the history.

Basically I was responding to Relics' comment that I showed bad form by separating the two teams as I did. While that wasn't my intent or what I was going for when I started this thread, after his comment and re-reading my OP I could certainly see how it could come across that way. But I pointed to that linked thread and your post because it looks to me like the division is/was already in place per the Boss. I see no reason and have no desire to step in that pile....

Between the two projects, there are just over 1500 active members of which 1476 of them are on the F@H project. There are around 50 of the 1500 active members that are regular posters here. I'm sure there are many lurkers and many others who just fold and probably never visit the forum unless they have problems. With less than 4% of the community being active participants in the forum, I was just trying to push a little recognition for the smaller side of the community for the non-active members since many may not be aware there are two projects and options when they have issues with F@H.

Anyway, I don't want to belabour the issue and see no reason to mess with the status quo.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

King_N definitely had it right!

What relic wanted to outline is that even if we are picking various projects, we are still a single team and the purpose of a team is to help each other no matter their affiliation to a certain project ;) The purpose of the [H]orde is to provide cycles toward a medical-related research project.

Back