Congrats to Meedio and thanks for the $20 sale

CrimandEvil

Dick with a heart of gold
:D Saw this over at HTPCnews (Thanks for the heads up Sphere!):

Well Meedio has made it to 200 plugins submitted to their add-in directory. This is a big deal, it shows just how active the Meedio community is.

Congratulations Meedio team!

"Both the quality and quantity of third-party themes, plugins, and extensions created by the Meedio Developers Network demonstrates the real power of the Meedio platform. Our developer community never ceases to exceed our expectations; they are a truly ingenious and productive bunch." -- Meedio CTO Pablo Pissanetzky.

And now the good stuff for you the end user.

Meedio announced today that its developer community has submitted 200 plugins, themes, and extensions to the Meedio Add-In Directory (MAID). To celebrate, the company is discounting its Meedio Essentials digital media center application to $ 20.00 until April 30.

That's right! You can pick up Meedio Essentials for just twenty bucks!

Check out all 200 of the enhancements you could be using with Meedio Essentials by clicking the link: http://www.meedio.com/maid

I recommend this to anybody that uses an HTPC. at $20 this makes the rest of your HTPC ever so sweet.

Wow. I've been thinking of getting this. Guess I have NO excuses now. Thanks Crim!

Guess I wasn't the only one who saw this sale... I just purchased my second license, at that cost it was a no brainer. The plugins are really great too, I especially love the Gotcha Covered suite as it has made ripping movies to the server easy enough for my wife and son to do.

**Bump**
I plan on hitting this up before the 30th.

I take it that Meedio Essentials isn't the full software version?

it does not have the TV tuner, but it is the full front end. the 3 meedio osftwares I know of are essential, tv, and housebot. housebot is home automation.

Yup I bought my 2nd license (well its for a project I'm building for someone) this week too. There are so many great plugins for Meedio. I haven't tried it yet but there is one for BeyondTV, which I also own.

Does it have support for the Pinnacle PCTV Pro or the Hauppauge PVR150?

Does it need a plugin for the TV support?

Mr. D. said:
Does it have support for the Pinnacle PCTV Pro or the Hauppauge PVR150?

Does it need a plugin for the TV support?
You mean Meedio? MeedioTV is currently in Beta, I would rather go with something like BTV or SageTV for PVR.

if this is just player software... why would you choose this over XBMC? XBMC picks up all of my replayTV severs. I friggin love XBMC. I've been using it for a whole 2 days now too. :D

Maybe you should read more into what the software is before commenting on it then. It is a front end software for a htpc that also includes playback software for CD, DVD, and Media files. There are now 200ish plugins to provide numerous other uses for the software.

Would Meedio+TheaterTek/NVDVD+SageTV+ffdshow be a good replacement for MCE2005? Which route is superior?

I am wondering: is win MCE2005 successful in the States? They launched it in the netherlands last year but the dutch people dont seem to be interested.

Well it really comes down to how easy you want the setup or how extensive you wish to be able to tweak. Both have thier limitations but meedio is much more flexible in what it can do with other associated programs. MCE is much easiest to setup but is limited in its abilities. I myself have tried both and prefer Meedio and TT.

Back