• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

confused...

wopsang

Gawd
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
649
I'm REALLY REALLY new to this and I want to get a soundcard JUST for music and I really don't care about the sound of gaming... but it'd be nice for some FPS' not to sound like dirt. Hmm... I read about 50 threads about the M-Audio Rev 7.1 and how its better for music and such, yet I also see many posts about the x-fi extreme music being the "it" thing now. My friend also told me that the crystalizer would make music go nuts. I have the z5500 and I also read that with some good speakers the crystalizer effect is unnecessary. I have a budget and its from 100 dollars and below...CANADIAN dollars.

I saw this x-fi extreme music at canadacomputers for 114.99 after rebate
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=008511&cid=SC

But this audigy 2zs oem card seems to be relatively cheap at about 75 bucks
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=006044&cid=SC

The M-Audio seems a bit pricey at 135
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=003540&cid=SC

I just want to upgrade from my onboard sound... its some 5.1 onboard thingy...
Is there any kind of alternative to these with a good price to value ratio? Preferably in Canada... ahaha.... :(

Any response would be greatly appreciated. :)
 
The crystalizer can be disabled. In fact I think it is disabled by default. It is only for those with cheap speakers / headphones.

Out of all the cards you listed the X-Fi xtreme music is the best bang for you buck IMO.

I am a proud owner of own, my music sounds awesome and so do my games :)
 
hmm I guess x-fi it is! x-plosion? I've never heard of the x-plosion... should I consider it? :confused:
 
out of those three the Xfi I agree is the bang for your buck.. I mean you only have z-5500's so any good card will be fine... not worth getting any EMU0404 or anything like that specifically for music... So I would say get the X-fi.
 
ahh I see. Well I'm going to go buy it now. Thanks for all these replies. ;)
 
aZn_plyR said:
out of those three the Xfi I agree is the bang for your buck.. I mean you only have z-5500's so any good card will be fine... not worth getting any EMU0404 or anything like that specifically for music... So I would say get the X-fi.

But emu0404 is cheaper than X-fi...although it's only stereo.
 
Back
Top