Confused on what card to get..please help

spiroh

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone, I just built a new pc with a 2600k, 8gb of RAM and SSD drive. The only thing left to purchase is the vid card. Right now I have a 24" monitor with the native resolution being 1920x1200. I currently have a 8800GT and that's not going to cut it. With the new games coming out I would like to upgrade my video card to play at my native res. I've been going back and forth on which one to buy. I'm considering the GTX 570 but that will run me close to $300 so I'm considering maybe saving my cash and going with a 6870 but looking at some recent tests I see the FPS go really low on certain games. Any advice would be appreciated on what to do. Thank you

I would go for 6950 1 gb, no need for you to get 2 gbs resolution isnt high enough, or 560 just depends if you like ati or nvida

Do you guys think the extra price to get the 570 over the 560 ti is worth it?

Since you don't upgrade video cards that often (assuming you don't since you're running an 8800GT), get the most card you can afford.

thanks, I ended up going with a 570. Was 270 with mail in rebate and figured this should last me for some time..hopefully

what games are you playing? I am getting over 100 fps on black ops maxed eye candy etc.

Deus EX and anticipating Diablo 3 to come out soon. hossdaddy, what card do you have?

Back