• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Confused on TLER

Chaos

n00b
Joined
May 18, 2003
Messages
54
I'm looking in to buying a WD5000YS (WD 500GB RE2), and apparently TLER is a pretty major issue on these drives. I did a search on the forums here, and apparently there is an application available to disable TLER, but I can't find it on the net. However, on the WD Knowledge Base, it states the following:

Question
Can the TLER (Time Limited Error Recovery) feature on RAID Edition hard drives be disabled?
Answer
The TLER (Time Limited Error Recovery) feature on Western Digital RAID Edition EIDE and Serial ATA hard drives cannot be disabled.

So which is true? Does this utility exist? If so, where can I get it, and at what cost?

Thanks in advance.
 
If you decide to buy the drive and test the utility, please let me know. I'm just hosting that utility; I haven't used it or heard of anyone else using it. So if it works let me know.
 
I'll test it on one of my TLER drives after I break the R5 on Terabyte next week.
 
Back
Top