Confiscated items auctions

Why the NTSA would confiscate a sombrero from someone trying to get on a plane I can't figure.

Maybe it's an explosive hat? LOL.

HTPC Rookie said:
Why the NTSA would confiscate a sombrero from someone trying to get on a plane I can't figure.

The string on the hat could be used to strangle someone in an awkward fashion.

robberbaron said:

I'm flying up north sometime next month...mental note...no belt... wear slip on shoes...leave the dental floss at home....no sombreros....

oops...it's May already...flying up north THIS month

HTPC Rookie said:
I'm flying up north sometime next month...mental note...no belt... wear slip on shoes...leave the dental floss at home....no sombreros....

oops...it's May already...flying up north THIS month

No no, the key word there was awkward. As long as you're stylish about it, nobody can argue with a fancy stranglin'.

PA state auctions are the suck.

40 lbs of plastic handles scissors?
200 silver pocket knives?

The funniest thing about the sombrero auction is this question, from a potential buyer to the seller:
Was this taken away because it is ugly as sin? If so... Since when are people not allowed to wear a sombrero on a plane
;)

My S2 Juice is in one of those boxes. Stupid TSA stole it out of my checked luggage. GRRR!

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
Who would wanna buy 40lbs. of used nail clippers, eww...?!?!?! lol.

No doubt...I could boil those things in battery acid for a week straight and still not want to use them myself!

Most of the interesting stuff seems really impractical or like a huge ripoff. What the hell am I going to do with 40 lbs of knives??

Hvatum said:
Most of the interesting stuff seems really impractical or like a huge ripoff. What the hell am I going to do with 40 lbs of knives??

From what I read most people resell this stuff on ebay or in pawn shops. If there's 10 (guesstimate) pocketknives in a pound, you get 40 pounds, 400 knives, and you get a buck a piece for them....

And just the other day I asked myself where could I purchase 2,000 pounds of knives and scissors.

Hvatum said:
LOL my first thought was to sit outside the airport and sell them to the people getting off of the planes, who just lost their knives in the first place.

Holy, what a way to get rid of a murder weapon batman! Just have TSA confiscate it. heh heh.

I feel kind of creeped out about using a knife w/o knowing where it's been. Similar to collegting German MP-40s

I'm guessing there are groups interested in buying this stuff. Things that come to mind are, maybe soup kitchens and other places where low price is the absolute priority (?).

NO soup for you! the [H] bought up our knives!

err, umm, yea thats it

robberbaron said:

I just got back from an 8 day cruise to the mexican riveria, we flew from LA to san jose international and my brother wore his sombrero on the flight that he bought in Mexico... don't know why they confiscated this one....

Guys, you are all thinking too hard.

That hat might have been forgotten on the carry on scan belt.... or someone could have forgotten it in the plane/airport and a founder gave it to a TSA agent?

As for the sissors, you know schools could use that.

holy crap the things I could do with 25 pnds of black handled scissors the thought boggles me ;)

HTPC Rookie said:

It was probably left at the checkpoint, and no one came back to claim it.

Back