Confirmed: iPad 3 Has a 2048x1536 Retina Display

Sorry but I'm not acting like an Apple zealot. But its clear that you're so blinded by the Android Kool-aid.

I'm just stating how it is, sorry.

Oh bullshit, get over yourself. I'm not blinded by the Android Kool-aid. Pro tip, when someone gives you kool-aid try drinking it instead of shoving your face in it - harder to get blinded that way.

Why are you getting so defensive? Over someone claiming Malware on the Android store -- which has merit?

So tell me, why are you so angry?

What am I getting over? The cards are all on the table, and I'm saying it how I see it, and you're clearly getting offended for no reason.

Why are you getting so defensive? Over someone claiming Malware on the Android store -- which has merit?

Because listening to someone spread FUD and gobbling it up like a sucker isn't my idea of fun?

So tell me, why are you so angry?

I'm not. Are you always this passive aggressive?

It isn't FUD, it might not be as overblown as they make it sound, but its still there. I've seen plenty of Apple bashing and when people start spewing "FUD" against them, its acceptable, but stating something that has merit towards Android and now it's wrong?

Please.

All Apple-related threads are eventually derailed either by pro-Android/anti-iOS users or by pro-PC/anti-Mac users. It's simply the way of things.

All Apple-related threads are eventually derailed either by pro-Android/anti-iOS users or by pro-PC/anti-Mac users. It's simply the way of things.

In this case it was derailed by the pro-Apple/anti-Android people. Snowdog is the one that really took this thread off the rails and turned it into an AppStore vs. Marketplace, iOS vs. Android "debate"

But hey, when have Apple-fans ever cared about facts and reality? They don't call it the RDF for nothing!

Thread's over, iPad 3 is old news now. Rumor mill is now focused on the 7.85" 1024x768 iPad coming out in Q3.

Guys, I was excited about this when I heard about it 3-6 months ago, but honestly, why are they putting this big a resolution in such a small screen? Besides keeping 1:1 aspect and pixel ratio scaling (or whatever you call it), I don't know what else it's good for. The screen is so small that you can't multitask with the web browser. I just don't know... honestly as long as the text is crisp I think 1600 x 1200 would have been great.

Tell me, why are you excited about this? (besides higher resolution)

Guys, I was excited about this when I heard about it 3-6 months ago, but honestly, why are they putting this big a resolution in such a small screen? Besides keeping 1:1 aspect and pixel ratio scaling (or whatever you call it), I don't know what else it's good for. The screen is so small that you can't multitask with the web browser. I just don't know... honestly as long as the text is crisp I think 1600 x 1200 would have been great.

Tell me, why are you excited about this? (besides higher resolution)

Because things look much better when rendered at a higher DPI. Go look at something on a low def phone (320x480) and then look at the same thing on a high resolution phone. The Higher resolution looks MUCH better.

Dr Stevil's example from a couple pages ago (Retina display VS low DPI display), the icons are the same size on a screen:

retina.png

For new people coming into the thread, which one would you rather look at? Probably the HD side, this is why a 2048x1536 display will be great.

In this case it was derailed by the pro-Apple/anti-Android people. Snowdog is the one that really took this thread off the rails and turned it into an AppStore vs. Marketplace, iOS vs. Android "debate"
I see what post you're probably referring to. Look one post above it.

Also, I noticed you never answered my question re: Unreal Engine 3.

But hey, when have Apple-fans ever cared about facts and reality? They don't call it the RDF for nothing!

Actually it was derailed by Thuleman starting on the first page, and going on from their saying that 99% people bought iPads for irrational reasons, namely peer pressure. :rolleyes:

I stated that was ridiculous and pointing out some rational reasons, including the ecosystem advantages.

Which is where you jumped in. In the course of the discussion about ecosystem I mentioned three things that set you off (Fragmentation, Piracy, Malware).

It is hugely ironic that you attack Apple fans on RDF, because you were utterly incapable of having even a remotely reasonable discussion about these differences in the ecosystems, instead all I got was massive reality denial and extreme rationalizing.

I really can't tell if you are Shilling/Trolling and thus aware that you are BS'ing, or if you are truly that deep in some kind of personal RDF.

Back