Configuring a Linksys router with my DSL connection

p0intblank

Limp Gawd
Ok, I've had this router for almost 2 years from when I used to have comcast cable internet, and it was working fine back then. I've moved in the past couple months though and only had dial up, and now I've finally got Verizon DSL since its finally available. But now I'm having trouble configuring the router. When I go into the settings in my browser all of the settings like the IP address and such all seem to be right and match with my current IP, but still no internet. I'm pretty sure the router is still good, the internet light and power light all light up, and the light for the port number I'm using. Anyone got any suggestions?

Few things.

Verizon in most areas uses ppoe which means you shouldn't have to enter in any ip info. Just a user name and password.

Verizon has been using new modems that have a router built in. You need to go into the modem and change it to bridge mode then give the router the ppoe login information.

Sometimes you need to run the verizon software to activate the modem. What I usualy do is run the software from my notebook to get the dsl up and running then log into the modem and turn off dhcp and set it to bridge mode. After that I hook it to the router and give the router the login info. It should work after that.

Back