Confessions of a partially functioning mind

Shmuckety

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
1,919
Ok…right now I feel like the biggest idiot ever. :confused:

I have been working with computers forever and what I have done makes me want to hide in shame. For the love of all that is holy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am writing this so no one will do the same thing.

I have a 3.2 prescott with hyper x ram and 3 hdd + dvd and I have been using a Antec true power 430W PS for a long time now. Here is the problem:

I upgraded a few things in the past year and have never had any issues. I have tried to get my processor to OC and got to a wall at 3.6ghz. I tried everything and could not get it higher. So finally I gave up. :(

That is until that fateful night where I bought my third hdd. My computer would no longer boot properly and after trying to resolve it I figured out that it was the PS. 430W just wasn’t enough. So my system was (as we say in the D) ghetto rigged for a while with one PS running the drives and the other powering the rest.

I finally broke down and bought the Antec TruePower 550W today and came to find out that yes my cpu can now go far beyond the measly 3.6 that I have been running it at all this time and it was in fact the PS that was holding me back all this time. :eek:

This may not seem a big deal to some people out there, but to those who see what I am saying…the moral of this story kids is don’t skimp on the power (and don’t do drugs, stay in school, only you can prevent forest fires and all that crap).

Time for bed goodnight all.

 
Back
Top