• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Condensation ?!

Phrik

Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
636
I have finally finished assembling my rig, just a couple more tweaks here and there and some additional exhaust solutions to add.

My question is here: What is condensation ?

I mean, I've read a lot about it but I don't know what it looks like and how I can tell if there is "condensation" in my H20 setup.

A couple of pictures would be great to know and see, and a more straight explanation of its cause and how to avoid it.

Thanks folks !
 
if you are just using straight watercooling,you will never have to worry about condensation,
go tec cooling or phase,then condensation becomes an issue
 
Condensation is when you have a surface colder than the air around it. As a direct result of this, water moleculs are pulled out of their vapor form and instead liquify on this colder surface. It can cause electrical shorts, among other things.

Water cooling never gets subambient, though, so it's not something you have to worry about.
 
On a cold morning, the windows of your house generally have a mist on them, on the inside. When you touch it, it's wet.

THAT's condensation.

S'what happens when water vapour in the air meets a surface colder than the air in which that vapour is suspended... the vapour condenses and turns back into water.

This is what condensation on watercooling gear looks like, but you'll only see this as said - if using TEC or Chillers or another form of subambient cooling. With plain watercooling, you'll never have a problem.

DSC00091.JPG

Droplets of water on metal fittings.

DSC00088.JPG

Droplets of water on block base.

DSC00095.JPG

Water on the OUTSIDE surface of the tubing.
 
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah......... now I got the picture :D

Thanks folks !
 
Back
Top