Condensation prevention

Hello, I have two pelts, a mcw50-t on the graphics card (figured I'd play with a little one first) and I also have a frozencpu 245w pelt which I would like to install after getting my system stable with water + the gpu block first.

I have already put two coats of conformal coating on the graphics card and entire motherboard (except for on / around small areas that needed masking tape. sockets, jumpers, etc.) From what I can see looking about online there is some sort of neoprene soft foam that I need (but dont know where to find) in addition to the traditional hard neoprene stuff like what came with my mcw50-t. (I suppose I can cut up mousepads for the hard stuff, if I couldnt find it anywhere else.)

This is my first attempt at water cooling and except for a little leak from the radiators npt fitting (which I hope I can fix with teflon tape) I think it's stable. However I tried plugging the gpu peltier in without a load and noticed some condensation forming around the backside of the card. (like 1.25 inches from the pelt area) Swiftech includes a little block of hard neoprene no larger than the cpu die which sticks on the back, but doesnt seem to be air tight as little chips keep corners of it up etc. To remedy this I put quite a bit of dielectric grease under the little pad.

Anyhow, I would like to put the aforementioned soft neoprene on the backside of the gpu, as I dont trust the little pad + grease, but I will probably run it as is until I setup the larger pelt. Is this safe or should I just hold off until I get the soft stuff? Also, where can I get some raw sheets of hard + soft neoprene? Is there anything else I should consider? -- I want my rig to be super cooled for the heck of it, but I dont want to have to baby-sit it. (So if I wanted to leave important data for two hours unsaved while I went out I wouldn’t have second thoughts etc.)

i know home depot and ace hardware carry the insulation for water pipes and stuff, for me its near the garage door and plumbing aisles. frozen cpu also carrys some i believe.

Back