• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Concerned about video airflow

StaticShoes

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
218
I just installed my new 5850, and it has me worried about airflow problems. I had considered moving my memory chips to DIMM A2 - B2 and my ASUS Xonar to the audio PCI slot, not sure that the memory would be recognized, and the Xonar would be scraping against the memory heatsink. I thought also of moving the video to the bottom PCIex16 slot but that gives it as little breathing room as the other placement.

Am I warranted in worrying about the video getting sufficient airflow?

Here is a picture of my system: http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9862/cramped.jpg (I know the pic quality is bad but it does the job)
 
I would leave it like in that pic, looks good. A fan in the front or side of case as intake if you've got one will help. Monitor temps with ccc, afterburner, or rivatuner, etc.
 
I would leave it like in that pic, looks good. A fan in the front or side of case as intake if you've got one will help to feed it. Monitor temps with ccc, afterburner, or rivatuner, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion. If only that Xonar didn't have gold connector pins sticking so far out, you'd think ASUS would have kept their own mainboards in mind when designing the Xonar. I contemplated removing the gold connectors but I don't want to chance bricking the thing.
 
Back
Top