• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Concentrating with Aero UI

Filtrator

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
199
Hey,

I moved to Vista today,

I have to say, I really like it, once you disable UAC, it's like XP+


But I have a small problem.

I don't know why, but I have a hard time with Vista's glassy theme.

Explorer and taskbar being translucent makes it really hard to concentrate on files at hand, with all the new background and colours and new blue gradient coloured menus.

Let's be honest if you don't use Aero on Vista then what's the point?

Anyone else having the same problem? do you get used to it eventually or did you go back to classic?
 
The day the Windows 7 RC comes and you moved to Vista, for the first time, today? Eh? Did you mean to say Windows 7 or... ?

I've never noticed any particular issues with Aero for myself. Only adjustment I've ever made (and this was long ago) was making the translucency lower (meaning the toolbars/title bars became less translucent). Aside from that, I have not made any alterations to much of anything anymore.

I'm sick of fucking around with every little thing in the OS, I've done that for decades, now I just install Windows 7 and use it, period. Might change the background on the Desktop, and move the Taskbar to the left side of the screen where it works very nicely, but aside from that, nothing else.
 
Also, turn UAC on.

Why? it's annoying and I've seen so many machines screwed up even with UAC on, I think it's better to just disable it.

The day the Windows 7 RC comes and you moved to Vista, for the first time, today? Eh? Did you mean to say Windows 7 or... ?

I've never noticed any particular issues with Aero for myself. Only adjustment I've ever made (and this was long ago) was making the translucency lower (meaning the toolbars/title bars became less translucent). Aside from that, I have not made any alterations to much of anything anymore.

I'm sick of fucking around with every little thing in the OS, I've done that for decades, now I just install Windows 7 and use it, period. Might change the background on the Desktop, and move the Taskbar to the left side of the screen where it works very nicely, but aside from that, nothing else.

Nope, I meant Vista, I did have it installed on my secondary machine(now I've got 7) but never on my primary so I never had to work much on it before.

I agree with fucking around with every little thing, getting tired myself..... adjusting icons, taskbar, patching styles, patching Back/Forward button, adjusting all kinds of options, I've been messing with it the whole day and I'm still not done... and that's just setting up the OS properly.


I really dig these new translucent interface but I did find it hard to work with, maybe I'm just tired...
 
Why? it's annoying and I've seen so many machines screwed up even with UAC on, I think it's better to just disable it.
UAC implementes true multi-user security on Windows and brings it to the same level as every other major operating system. And in terms of "Annoying" - I can't recall the last time I ran into a UAC prompt, to be honest.
 
I really dig these new translucent interface but I did find it hard to work with, maybe I'm just tired...

You can turn off the translucency and still have aero turned on (same thing with animations. Makes the OS feel much more snappy, too).

You'll most likely get used to it in a short amount of time anyhow. I was the same with XP and it's fading menus and shadows when it came out.
 
Back
Top