Computex 2012 New Case Thread!

Mysticode

Gawd
Got some awesome information on a new case shown at Computex this year?

Please make a reply in this thread to a thread of your own on the case, or to a news article about the case, so we can make a good catalog of the new cases coming out of Computex 2012!

Thanks! :cool:

I would love to see some new high end cases from corsair. They are about due for a refresh. 600T, 650D, and 800D have been around for awhile. Hopefully something shows up.

I would love to see some new high end cases from corsair. They are about due for a refresh. 600T, 650D, and 800D have been around for awhile. Hopefully something shows up.

They announced the 550D and 300R earlier this year. I doubt we'll see anything from Corsair.

I know the Silverstone Raven 4 will be shown, but not sure what else.

Hopefully something FINALLY from Fractal Designs... those guys whipped out tons of cases in a flurry, and then went dormant it would seem.

They announced the 550D and 300R earlier this year. I doubt we'll see anything from Corsair.

Don't forget the C70 Vengeance cases in 3 different colors...

I know there will be a new BitFenix midtower with a double-hinged front door (like the 550D) - or at least it was shown with the Prodigy in January over in Europe.

Yep, the Bitfenix Ghost. I am very much looking forward to seeing more of that.

Yeah, thanks for posting the name - it was on the tip of my tongue!

I'm also hoping the Raven 4 will be nice - I have always loved the rotated mobo but hated the styling of the previous Ravens.

Likewise - Fractal Design could really hit me in the right spot if they tried just a little harder!

I doubt Coolermaster will have anything new - at least not in the mid to high end, because we've recently gotten the Storm Enforcer, Storm Trooper, HAF XM, and Cosmos II.

I'm definitely in the hunt for a new case myself and will be watching very closely!

Right now my fave is the 550D, but if it can't really cool my rig with the side and top covers on I might as well get a Switch 810 or a Shinobi XL.

I'd love to have more options to choose from... :D:D:D

Heh, looks like we have similar tastes. 550D is also on the top of my list right now, but with Fractal Design being so quiet, and previously promising a succesor to the R3, it's making buying a new case very hard. I KNOW as soon as I pull the trigger on the 550D in a new build, Fractal Design will be like "BAM! New case, gotta love us!"

I hope silverstone puts the TJ-12 into production.

cf89n.jpg

Fractal Designs showed 2 different sizes of a new HTPC line of cases - the Node Series.

Rosewill showed the Throne and the Armor.

I wouldn't even give my worst enemy that new Cougar case... :eek:

Also, only HTPCs from Fractal Designs? Maaaaaaaaan... and here I was hoping Computex 2012 would be the E3 of cases :(

Fractal Designs showed 2 different sizes of a new HTPC line of cases - the Node Series.

C'mon, gotta provide the people links:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5922/fractal-designs-node-series-htpc-chassis-at-computex-2012

The 304 really looks to be less HTPC and more a possible replacement for the Array R2 NAS chassis. HD maintenance for the 304 looks like it'll be simpler, though I do wish they'd given each drive it's own bracket. I've never been a fan of internally-placed power supplies. A flex-ATX or Micro-ATX (like the Array's) would have been better I think (though I suppose it would make support for a video card more difficult).

I like the initial looks and design of the 605 sans the giant white branding on the front.

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand the Raven RV04 is super tall. What a shame.. also normal motherboard orientation :/

Also, what is that Antec case with the door on the front? Looks nice, but also very tall.

I want nice mid-size cases back!

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but I'm really disappointed in the internal layout that was chosen for the RV04. I was really hoping for a less plasticky and angular update of the RV03. Going for the reversed mobo route doesn't do a whole lot for SLI arrays.

It is gorgeous, though - as is the FT04 with the same internals.

it's very surprising that the layout isn't vertical, but at least the styling is better than RV03. Maybe Silverstone still have more to show?

Lian Li have brought a few large size cases: http://www.hwupgrade.it/gallery/595/lian-li-computex-2012/ - see the TYR 2000 replacement, the PC-V750WX and the double width server case with 11 expansion slots, 2 PSU mounts and stacks of room for water cooling.

Last edited:
Is there any case that would be similar to the 550d? I was gonna buy that for my future build but then I saw this thread. Fractal might release something new or if not better.

great to see any other brand making a hump for new case other than coolermatser etc..

Pretty much everything is disappointing, IMO. Very little true innovation.

I was thinking of innovation in terms of function rather than form, actually. Why can't you people read minds yet? Jeeze...:rolleyes:

I missed that SG09 somehow. Yeah, that's pretty neat, although I don't understand why that top fan would be an intake given its position relative to the CPU cooler.

Last edited:
So TT is bringing back the original Level 10, but it's silver and there's only going to be 300 of them total? It looks like it's been updated with USB 3.0..

I'd be more interested if they were also bringing back the regular old black Level 10 but updated with USB 3.0. I can only imagine, given the original's price tag, how much this limited edition silver one is going to cost... think arm + leg

I often stay up at night in my bed, thinking why the Level 10 keeps having revisions made. Is this thing super popular in Asia or something...?

I think the SG09 is pretty innovative. Pity it's so ugly.

Yeah, a shame it looks homely as a mud fence as my grandfather would say. Nice to see they are at least trying to get creative.

Bloodyredd, wait to see the Bitfenix Ghost. It's supposed to be super silent similar to the 550D.

Back