Computers Now Control NY Trains

New York had better have a great anti-hacking system installed. I can't imagine the damage that could be caused by criminals.

Don't make sweeping generalizations about things you seem to have no experience with then. Thanks.
Again I wasn't. It was an example of infrastructure. It's like one of the cities I work for with their public works utilities, their entire water system's automated and off the grid but they still have operators to oversee the system. The nuclear concept just popped in my head. I do support automation, it's just that having human operators is still the way to go. Especially with the dictation services I have which is automated however the system isn't perfect so it has to be checked in every 12 hours so that doctors don't get pissed off that they can't do their dictations. Get off your high horse. Thank you.

New York had better have a great anti-hacking system installed. I can't imagine the damage that could be caused by criminals.
Simple, don't plug it in to the internet. Like I mentioned above, public utilities are offline and their own private network so that some dipshit don't go fucking with the waterflow.

Again I wasn't. It was an example of infrastructure. It's like one of the cities I work for with their public works utilities, their entire water system's automated and off the grid but they still have operators to oversee the system. The nuclear concept just popped in my head. I do support automation, it's just that having human operators is still the way to go. Especially with the dictation services I have which is automated however the system isn't perfect so it has to be checked in every 12 hours so that doctors don't get pissed off that they can't do their dictations. Get off your high horse. Thank you.
Why must you backpedal and deny things? Our current nuclear plants can't be automated.. they're designed in a manner that's totally different than whatever idea you have in your head. They're based off of 60's technology, 90% of which is analog. NRC rules don't allow for automation anyhow, so whatever point you were trying to make is null.

It's funny how people seem to think that human operators can rarely make fatal mistakes and use that to justify vilifying automation.

Have as much automated as possible and have humans oversee it. Now you have the best of both worlds.

It's funny how people seem to think that human operators can rarely make fatal mistakes and use that to justify vilifying automation.

Have as much automated as possible and have humans oversee it. Now you have the best of both worlds.

Dude, have you seen Terminator? No way we're automating everything! Machines are ebil.

Yeah, because we all know people make flawless code and hardware.. rofl.

Why must you backpedal and deny things? Our current nuclear plants can't be automated.. they're designed in a manner that's totally different than whatever idea you have in your head. They're based off of 60's technology, 90% of which is analog. NRC rules don't allow for automation anyhow, so whatever point you were trying to make is null.
That's your opinion but I understand where you're coming from regarding automation. Like I said, I was just pulling stuff off the top of my head since a while back I was reading about Hyperion Power and that concept is automated although whether if it's reality or not is up in the air.

It isn't an opinion, it's how things are.
If I wasn't clear, I was referring to the backpedaling. The point is since you are obviously just trying to flex your e-peen, you're trying to claim I'm backpedaling. Thank you and I'm done with you.

You quoted my whole quote and said "that's your opinion" in the opening sentence. Please make things more clear next time. I have no "e-peen" issues to compensate for, I'm just trying to correct you since you have no idea about how the nuclear power sector works. It isn't automated, nor could it be with any of the current plants.

Back