Computer wont turn on

Boots

Weaksauce
Hello,

I hope I put this in the right forum.

I'm frustrated and stuck not sure what to do. My computer will not turn on, no sound, no beep no nothing. The first time this happened, I plugged the computer in another outlet. Same issue. I figured I'd RMA the PSU. They said the fixed something in the PSU but wouldnt tell me what it was. Just they fixed the PSU. Got it back, put it in computer worked for about 3 weeks. Then same thing happened. I tried this process twice with the same PSU. I dont want to keep RMA'ing my PSU for it to work for about 3-4 weeks then I get nothing.

I did but a different PSU but have not tried it yet. Was wondering if anyone has run into this and maybe its something else?

I did notice the first time the Video card light was on and the mobo light has been on as well. When my computer wont turn on.

I re-wired the power outlet and I did order a new surge protector. But I'm afraid to plug it in and it wont work in 3 weeks or so.

My setup was all purchased in dec of 2016.

My Current setup:

GSkill Ripjaws X Series ddr3 2133 16gb

Case- NZXT Phantom 410 Mid

Mobo- Asus Z97-A

Video- Asus GeForce GTX 970

PSU- Seasonic Snow Silent 750W

CPU- Intel i7- 4790K Devils Canyon

SSD- Samsing 850 EVO 250 GB

CPu Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

I did order a Corsair PSU 750X but have not plugged it in, bc im afraid the same thing will happen.

Thank you,
Boots

put the new PSU in and come back in 3 weeks with an update.

So they "fixed" and sent you back the same PSU twice?
That is crap, should have gotten a new unit second time at least. Would definitely not use a PSU that had an unkown "fix" done to it twice. Just switch to Corsair and if it has a problem you know something is causing it.

Maybe consider a UPS it can clean up some dirty power issues if your in an older house or the grid in your area is crap. The one in my area is the worst I've ever seen. Were getting brown outs once a week for a while.

Back