Computer wont Boot :(

Bambi

I Cleaned My Room - And I am a Dude
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
2,225
I have a PCV-RX682 Sony VAIO digital pc, and everytime I turn on the computer i come across a screen that reads

Here is what the screen looks like:

We apologize for the inconvinience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good COnfiguration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.


Safe mode
Safe mode in networking mode
Safe mode command prompt

Last KNown Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.
Windows will start in: X seconds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week ago i moved my cmoputer from my room to the living room, and i barely just turned it on, and when i do, it turns on, i get that screen, it countdowns to 0, i hear a beep and repeat process. Please help. I tried all choices but to no avail :( Thanks in advanced.
 
Use last known good config and cross your fingers.

How comfortable are you with working inside your computer?

My guess is you wiggled something loose when you were moving it and you need to open up your box and reseat all your cards, mem, and power connections.

If your lucky it will come up after that. If it doesn't there may be some parts damaged like your PS or HD.
 
im very comfortable with opening my computer. Im just a loser when it comes to errors like this. So i unplug everything and start up again? When you say everything, does it includes hds?
 
Just make sure that everything is solidly plugged in. No loose connections, no half seated cards.
 
Nope still getting the same message.
 
Did you try the 'Last Good Config' option? Otherwise, it might be time for a re-install.

 
Yup, I tried last good config, but alas to no avail.
 
choose safe mode, log on as user then log off, re boot and see it will boot regularly. post back
 
all options the same thing. Once the countdown is over, all i get is the beep and restart :(
 
maybe i could make a quick vid with webcam to let you see what goes on.
 
CHOOSE SAFE MOOD dont just let it count down.... use the arrow keys and hit enter :p
 
Tazzman said:
CHOOSE SAFE MOOD dont just let it count down.... use the arrow keys and hit enter :p


i do. Nothing happens, but the beep then the restart. :)
 
Yeah, safe MOOD is probably a good idea... :rolleyes:

Ok, I think you are gonna have to bite the bullet and re-install. Unless you are proficient with the recovery console.... what version of windows was it again?

 
nuclearfly said:
Yeah, safe MOOD is probably a good idea... :rolleyes:

Ok, I think you are gonna have to bite the bullet and re-install. Unless you are proficient with the recovery console.... what version of windows was it again?


:p LOL havent had my red bull yet this morning!!
It wont let you choose safe mode? or it will not post after chooseing safe mode?

If the 2nd is the case, Your PC should have come with a BAck up CD, I think you chould have the option to do a dull re install or FIX it install.
 
Tazzman said:
:p LOL havent had my red bull yet this morning!!
It wont let you choose safe mode? or it will not post after chooseing safe mode?

If the 2nd is the case, Your PC should have come with a BAck up CD, I think you chould have the option to do a dull re install or FIX it install.
WOW I cannot type today! I better go mow the lawn
 
out of curiosity, what does your system time say in the bios?

Your Cmos battery could have either come loose or died altogether
 
Tazzman said:
Your PC should have come with a BAck up CD, I think you chould have the option to do a dull re install or FIX it install.

Unless he built his computer. I know I don't distribute Restore CDs with the machines I build.

 
i have decided to use a bootdisk, but i dont know command prompts. After A:\> what goes next?
 
Um..... yeah. There are so many answers to that question, its not even funny.

If you are re-installing, just use the WinXP CD, and boot to it. It should fire up setup, and you can start there.

 
DID your "SONY VAIO" come with a back up CD? Most Big brand name PC's dont come with a XP Cd, they usualy come with a back up CD which contains XP and all there drivers in one. As noted above Boot from CD, then see if you can "REPAIR" or re load. Take the time and read exactly what options it gives you. Hopefully it has a repair so you dont lose everything you had, If it does not. You will need to DELETE partition, format partition, and re-load.

Read these and see which is your best option.
Sony VAIO Full restore
Or this
More
and here is your support page HERE
And if you NEED to use FDISKFDISK how to
 
SONY VIAOs are weird machines. My room mate had one, and it was packed full of spyware. I formated the machine and reinstalled and ran into various problems. VIAO's have their owen weird sony bios, and it really doesn't like you going into CMOS.

a:/ fdisk

delete non dos partition

load windows xp cd

restart machine

(If your cdrom is not set to a boot device, you will need to get into your CMOS and set the cdrom as a boot device.)

should be smooth sailing from there.
 
I placed my xp cd in the cd drive and after the f6 and f2 options, my cmputer just stays stuck. Al it reads is Windows Setup and the rest of the blue screen is empty.
 
^ bump, anyone know what my xp disk wonr get passed blue screen
 
no scarthces on disk. Im thinking it will end up being a hardware problem.
 
Back
Top