Computer Won't Boot

Hi guys,
So here is my build:
MSI 890GXM-G65
Sapphire 7970 OC Edition
Patriot Pyro SE 120GB
FSP 750W

So the problem I am having is that I can turn on my computer but, I would usually hear a beep sound and then for sure the computer will have no problem being detected with my tv. I am connecting it through HDMI. Lately, the computer turns on, but it can't seem to go past the post. The monitor detects the computer, but it won't show anything on screen. I know it doesn't go past post because usually it would make a beep sound. I've tried this on a couple of monitors and have the same problem. I tried DVI and HDMI both with the same problem. Lately, this has been having too much. Also does this have to do with the AMD drivers?

If it's at boot time, it's not drivers. Would you get the post screens on the tv before? Some tvs won't display anything unless it's a resolution they like (and they might not like the typical boot resolution of 640 x 400 @ 70Hz).

I'd try the built in graphics on the motherboard so you can tell if it's the video card or not... past that it really could be motherboard, cpu, ram, or power supply. It's definitely worth reseating the ram and the power supply connection to the motherboard to check for an iffy connection there.

If it's at boot time, it's not drivers. Would you get the post screens on the tv before? Some tvs won't display anything unless it's a resolution they like (and they might not like the typical boot resolution of 640 x 400 @ 70Hz).

I'd try the built in graphics on the motherboard so you can tell if it's the video card or not... past that it really could be motherboard, cpu, ram, or power supply. It's definitely worth reseating the ram and the power supply connection to the motherboard to check for an iffy connection there.

yea it's at boot times. Some times after I fiddle with the GPU power connection it would solve the problem. Also there is a OC switch that increases the fsp. I don't know if it is in default right now as I don't have the computer with me but I just wanted to know if that could be the problem. It might be OCed with throught the switch. Do you think that might also be the problem? But Before when I had this computer for a week, I played turned on the computer without any problem.

I am using a samsung lcd tv 50" I think should be 1080p. I also tried this on a monitor weeks before and did not have any problems with booting up the computer. But after that week I am having problems with booting to the monitor as well as most monitors I try to hook it up to.

Hi guys, the problem is happening again.
Is it the motherboard the problem?
When I turned it on just now, one of the fan being controlled by the motherboard was not spinning.
How can you tell if the Corsair H60 is actually running? Could it be that the H60 is not working causing the computer not to turn on?
Sometimes the computer makes a beep sound and sometimes it doesn't.
Plz help.

Guess your video card need re-seating. Try opening your computer box and remove/install your card. you may also try cleaning its contact.

Worst part is the card is failing. Hope this is not your case. :(

Guess your video card need re-seating. Try opening your computer box and remove/install your card. you may also try cleaning its contact.

Worst part is the card is failing. Hope this is not your case. :(

I think you are right. I just replaced the motherboard and bought a new 965 (not reusing the 955) and I was able to play the entire night without any hiccup after installing the mobo and CPU. Today I was able to cold boot up the computer no problem. I played Bf3 for about a half our and then suddenly the screen was not detected. I couldn't play Bf3 from that point on. I am able to view the desktop but can't play Bf3. I'm going to try updating the drivers, but it says its up to date already. Do I also have to download the other driver that is for crossfire?

Thanks

Back