Computer wont awake from sleep mode properly

impronto

Limp Gawd
Ok, preface that im a noob. I have Windows Vista and just recently, whenever I'm trying to get out of sleep mode, my fans on my case spin like crazy, like they normally do for a few seconds before going back into windows, but now it doesn't slow down like normal and go back into windows, I'll just have a blank screen. I have to do a hard reset. And when I hold the power button down to restart, when it loads windows, it says its resuming windows.

Another issue is sometimes it'll go back from sleep mode into windows but a lot of my programs will not open so it makes me to a hard restart anyways. And this just started happening about last month, and it's been good for a year. Any ideas? Thanks

Check the Windows logs under Event Viewer (Right click 'Computer' in start menu >> 'Manage' >> look in left hand column). Do you see any info regarding power management and what could be the offending app/service/driver?

Do what gushpinbob said first - if you need help understanding whats in event viewer just ask. -it can be a real pain when you first learn how to read it-

I would bet that it is a driver. - go to the manufacture website for your computer and update all of your hardware drivers. Keep us posted

Back