Computer will not turn on.

L1ght

Gawd
Okay, just finished up rebuilding my comp yesterday. It worked fine, got windows installed, mobo drivers, then graphics drivers. Windows then said it had to activate to continue to use it, so I said okay, but it didnt want to work(new mobo). This happed after i installed the graphics drivers, and something else weird happened to. At post, I got a bunch of lines all over the screen, and they apeared in the windows activation to. They were not there before the graphics drivers were installed. I went to bed last night, thinking I would call to activate my comp today.

Well, I got up today, and the comp will not turn on. The light on the mobo is on. Tried a different psu, messed with the front panel connecters. Nothing.

So, did the graphics drivers or windows activation kill my pc. :confused: Will the computer post without a working video card?

I will try a pci vid card next, and mess with the ram.

Ideas?

Specs, if they help:
Abit NV8
2 x 1 GIG G.skill
2.4 Venice 754
X1900XTX

CPU, Chipset, GPU water cooled. No, there are no leaks. ;)

video card is probably hosed. My MSI 6600GT went through something similar, bottom line was that it works with the default VGA drivers but the nVidia ones killed it, so my card was screwed. Boot into safe mode, uninstall the nVidia drivers and run it in standard VGA mode until you feel like putting a different card in there if you can get it to boot again. But the video card itself looks to be stopping the boot process altogether.

Lich said:
video card is probably hosed. My MSI 6600GT went through something similar, bottom line was that it works with the default VGA drivers but the nVidia ones killed it, so my card was screwed. Boot into safe mode, uninstall the nVidia drivers and run it in standard VGA mode until you feel like putting a different card in there if you can get it to boot again. But the video card itself looks to be stopping the boot process altogether.
Thats what I was afraid of... :(

It might be hard to RMA my OEM X1900XTX. :(

Edit: Tried a different vid card, nothing. :confused:

Bump, I really need some help here guys. I have no idea what is wrong, everything worked yesterday. Video card would be my first guess, but when I plugged in a PCI vid card(I have no other PCIe cards) I still got nothing.

Would this be a mobo problem? The led is on, all connecters plugged in.

This is beyond me... :(

I really dont feel like ripping this computer apart, as I spent the last 2 days putting it together.

:eek:

Holy crap. My computer turned on while I was at work. I had no fans attached to the radiator, so the rad is burning hot, the tubing is super soft!

:eek:

I am so lucky it did not leak. Compression fittings seem to work well. :D

Looks like the problem is the power button connector, as I had to bend it to get the rad in.

damn. :eek:

Back