Computer wakes itself up!

Lord Twilight

Limp Gawd
I built my new computer a couple months ago, and have finally gotten Sleep mode to work on a computer (yay!), so I have been using it and loving it, and it works great! Except once in a while, Usually on Tuesday mornings, between 4-5 am, the computer will turn itself on. Not EVERY Tuesday, but sometimes..
Of course, I am sleeping at this time, and my big bright 24" monitor lights up the bedroom and wakes me up!

I have gone into BIOS, no wake on anything except keyboard.
I have gone through all the scheduled tasks I can find, and nothing is set to wake the computer to run.
The earliest event in my event log this morning was 5:36:44 AM when the computer was assigned an address from DHCP. A few seconds later (after a couple TCPIP entries saying the network adapter is connected to the LAN) is an event from "Power-Troubleshooter" saying that the system has resumed from sleep, Wake source: Unknown
The only other task that ran at that EXACT time was disk defrag which missed its scheduled run time, but I used the computer between the missed schedule and the time it woke itself up .. but it isn't set to wake the computer to run either.

I'm not sure where else to look for programs that might be waking the computer.. I'm on cable internet, with 2 roomates using a wireless router (I'm wired, another roomate is wired, the third roomate is wireless). But the computer shouldn't be waking on LAN either way...

Anyone have any ideas?

NVM..

I skimmed your post..
I don't have an answer if you turned off 'wake on lan'

Back