Here we go again, time to upgrade my new system. My questions here will be multi tiered. This is the system I'm thinking about running. Keep in mind, I'm trying to balance lowest cost, with highest performance, and most stability This is the most likely scenario.
AMD 64 3800+
purl=http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=006818&cid=MB.693]Asus K8N SLI[/url]
KingMax 1 gig (2 x 512mb) kit
2x 7600GT SLI
1x DVD Drive
1x DVD Dual Layered Burner
1x Floppy Drive
1x Soundblaster Xfi Xtreme Music
1x TV Tuner Card
My intentions is to buy one 7600 now, and then after summer or closer to Christmas invest in the second card.
First of all, what sort of power supply should I be looking at? Some say 500 w power supply (I'm looking at antec true power PSUs atm) will be adequete, some say I should invest in 550w just to be safe. 500w PSU will save me 30 dollars here on one hand, but if it's going to be a hard call, then I would much rather just spend and get a 550w now.
Second, I've had several friends and aquantinces threaten to beat me over the head for being "stupid" to invest in SLI, that I would be much better off to just go for a 7900GTX for the money I'll be putting out for 7600GT in SLI config. My logic is that I lose a bit of power, but save a little money in long term, plus, I get my upgrades much sooner.
Third, with the SLI config, will my AMD 3800+ bottleneck it? Frankly, if a 3800 will bottleneck the two cards, I might as well save money and completely scrap my plants for a second 7600 card.
Fourth, any suggestions for changes on my plans? All the parts besides the mobo, cpu, gpu, memory, and the PSU are all purchased.
TIA
AMD 64 3800+
purl=http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=006818&cid=MB.693]Asus K8N SLI[/url]
KingMax 1 gig (2 x 512mb) kit
2x 7600GT SLI
1x DVD Drive
1x DVD Dual Layered Burner
1x Floppy Drive
1x Soundblaster Xfi Xtreme Music
1x TV Tuner Card
My intentions is to buy one 7600 now, and then after summer or closer to Christmas invest in the second card.
First of all, what sort of power supply should I be looking at? Some say 500 w power supply (I'm looking at antec true power PSUs atm) will be adequete, some say I should invest in 550w just to be safe. 500w PSU will save me 30 dollars here on one hand, but if it's going to be a hard call, then I would much rather just spend and get a 550w now.
Second, I've had several friends and aquantinces threaten to beat me over the head for being "stupid" to invest in SLI, that I would be much better off to just go for a 7900GTX for the money I'll be putting out for 7600GT in SLI config. My logic is that I lose a bit of power, but save a little money in long term, plus, I get my upgrades much sooner.
Third, with the SLI config, will my AMD 3800+ bottleneck it? Frankly, if a 3800 will bottleneck the two cards, I might as well save money and completely scrap my plants for a second 7600 card.
Fourth, any suggestions for changes on my plans? All the parts besides the mobo, cpu, gpu, memory, and the PSU are all purchased.
TIA