Computer turns on and off

Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
13
Lately my computer has been acting very odd. About a month ago, sometimes when I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't come on, and if I waited an hour and tried again it usually would. Now when I try it, it turns on for 1 second, and shuts off a second later. I tried unplugging everything except the mobo but it still does not work.
 
Here's what I would look for, in the order I'd look for them:

1) Bad PSU
2) Bad power or reset switch connections
3) HSF not mounted correctly
 
1. Tommorow I will be able to see if it is a bad PSU.
2. Well, I did the switch on the back of the PSU, since the power button was not working.
3. The heatsink looks fine and was running at normal temps before this happened.
 
same problem happened to me today. Computer suddenly turned off, pressed on switch and nothing happened. Reset switch in the back, got it to turn on but it just turns off after a few minutes. Very strange. I could narrow it down but I'm afraid I will pop other things in my rig.

Time for new power supply maybe?

which brand PS is the most reliable yet low noise? I used up my stock of panaflos =(
help appreciated.
 
Back
Top