• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer turned off during the night, now dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie81

[H]ard for [H]ardware
2FA
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
7,174
Hi all, I need some help with this one.

I have been leaving my computer on 24/7. A few days ago I went to use my computer and noticed it was off. I tried to turn it back on and it was completely dead. I unplugged it and waited a few minutes. When I tried again it looked like it tried to power up but stopped.

My first thought it was the power supply. I switched out power supplies with the same problem. The onboard motherboard buttons are lit up when the the computer is plugged in but even the power switch on the motherboard still does not work.

I have pulled the cmos battery and tried another battery with no luck.

The motherboard is out of warranty so I cannot RMA.

Should I try anything else before I call this thing officially dead?

Thanks,


Specs
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H 1150
Intel Core i5-4670K
HyperX Black Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 x2
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW
Seasonic SS-760XP2




 
Was able to isolate the issue by removing the video card. Turns out it was preventing the machine from booting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top