Hi,
I think I am having a problem with my wd2500ks drive. I left my computer on for a couple of days, and now after restarting it it takes a lot longer to go from the BIOS screen to the windows start up screen. But the thing is, after it loads, everything seems to work fine (and just as fast as before) except for the defrag. I ran the NOD32 antivirus and it said it couldn't read a sector of the master boot record. Also, it takes just as long to boot up on safe mode as it does on normal. These things led me to believe that it might be a hd problem, such as a corrupted sector of the mbr. (also I reinstalled service pack 2 to see if it was an explorer problem and the problem has continued). But the thing is, I ran windows' error check and it showed nothing. Anyone has any idea of what i might do next? Or of a program that only checks the boot sector? I ran hdtune and wd diagnostics quick scans and found nothing. I am now running wd diagnostics extended test and it is about 25% through it and it has found nothing so far...
Any help is appreciated
I think I am having a problem with my wd2500ks drive. I left my computer on for a couple of days, and now after restarting it it takes a lot longer to go from the BIOS screen to the windows start up screen. But the thing is, after it loads, everything seems to work fine (and just as fast as before) except for the defrag. I ran the NOD32 antivirus and it said it couldn't read a sector of the master boot record. Also, it takes just as long to boot up on safe mode as it does on normal. These things led me to believe that it might be a hd problem, such as a corrupted sector of the mbr. (also I reinstalled service pack 2 to see if it was an explorer problem and the problem has continued). But the thing is, I ran windows' error check and it showed nothing. Anyone has any idea of what i might do next? Or of a program that only checks the boot sector? I ran hdtune and wd diagnostics quick scans and found nothing. I am now running wd diagnostics extended test and it is about 25% through it and it has found nothing so far...
Any help is appreciated