• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer Story!

iSkylla

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
1,685
So I noticed a couple of days ago, at random times, I would just get a hard lock, mouse would just freeze and I would have to shut down and reboot. I really had no idea what was going on , so made sure all of my stuff was uptodate which is was, so I decided to just leave it. About a week later, I relized that when I was speaking into my mic in CS, no one was hearing me, so I decided to check connections. That is when I finally realized that I had 3 LEDs of Doom on my DFI. I saw that one of my memory sticks came loose. I put it back in and my internet stopped cutting off, my pings went down from 105 to 14 and no more freezes. And oddly enough my PWM temps went from 38 to 33 which is kind of odd but cool (no pun intended).
 
Back in the day if your memroy wasent in right it was gonna get fried but they have seemed to have fixed that. Good to hear you figured it out.
 
Yeah, I am glad they fixed that :) See only one edge was in, the other was a bit off
 
Back
Top