Computer stoped detecting USB devices...sort of... help.

Goat_187

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
250
I dont know what I did recently but since a few days ago my computer has not detect usb plug and play devices properly. I used to just plug in my camara and the pc will recognize it and immediately put an icon next to my drives as removable storage, same thing with my ipod, when I pluged it in my pc will recognize it and open up iTunes.

Now anything I plug in makes the usual sound that something has been pluged in and shows the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon next to my clock. BUT, thats it! :( my camara no loger appears on "My Computer" as a removeable storage drive.I tryed almost everything from re-installing all the drives to uninstalling and so on. same thing with my ipod, iTunes no loger knows that its pluged in, and I also tryed everything with it.

The weird thing is that when I double click "Safely Remove Hardware" icon it list exactly what its pluged in. "Apple iPod USB Device" or "FUJIFILM Mass Storage Device" except for this, my computer acts as if they werent pluged in.

Has this happen to someone else? Did I change an option I'm not aware of? how can I fix this?

it it helps i have windows xp media center edition.
 
damn i have the same problem, running winxp home on emachines m6809. wireless mouse works fine, digital camera won't work. memorex usb thumbdrive works, sandisk won't.

anybody out there??
 
Mine is doing the same every other time I boot. I can unplug the devices and plug them back in to get them working, but the internal card reader is a little tricky to remove the cable on (but it can be done).

Freaking nvidia chipset issue I think.
 
well, now mine works again. i didn't change any settings or do anything. good luck to the rest of you, maybe someone knows a fix.
 
Back
Top