Computer starting yet no posting/beeping/booting

Nihsnek

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I was having trouble with my keyboard dying during the middle of using it, so I got frustrated and pulled the power cord while the computer was on. I probably did this 2-4 times because it kept dying. Eventually, the computer wouldn't even boot. It won't boot into bios or anything... all of the lights turn on in the case, fans spin, but no beeps/noise from mobo and all of the usb ports don't get power(for example, usb mouse doesn't get power).

I have done the following:
Re-seat RAM
Re-seat sound card
Re-seat video card
Re-seat CPU/heatsink
Remove CMOS/Power, let sit for a few minutes
Remove all unneeded devices/items(all usb stuff, etc.)
Let computer sit overnight

No avail. What in the hell is the problem?

AMD 64 4000+
nVidia GeForce 7900GTX
2GB Corsair XMS
SeaGate 320GB SATA2 7200RPM x2
Creative X-FI Xtreme Sound Card
Special heatsink
Antec 550W PSU
GigaByte 3D Aurora Case

you forgot to mention what type of board it is....

But you might try taking the ram out and seeing if you get a POST beep error code.....most likely with your power pullings your mobo might have got shorted our or fried somehow

On top of figuring out what type of PSU you're using, have you tried booting the system on without the RAM in it at all to see if you get a beep code? Also, do youhave a spare PSU laying around?

It's a trupower PSU. I have tried removing ram, nothing changes.

I have some old crappy 250w psu laying around, but it can't connect to my hard drives since it is so old. I plugged it into my motherboard only...and no change either.

Truepower 2.0? or Truepower Trio? The difference is, the 2.0 is notorious for failing, while the TRIO is not. The 250W PSU not powering that system does not surprise me. Try another PSU.

just for sh... and giggles.. try pulling the 24 pin + cmos battery.. reseat both and see if it boots.. thats about the last resort thing before you can blame the PSU.. ive seen it work a few times so its worth a shot..

also pulling the memory doesnt always beep code error.. for example my m2n-sli board just makes an annoying friggin squealing noise through the internal speaker..

just for sh... and giggles.. try pulling the 24 pin + cmos battery.. reseat both and see if it boots.. thats about the last resort thing before you can blame the PSU.. ive seen it work a few times so its worth a shot..

also pulling the memory doesnt always beep code error.. for example my m2n-sli board just makes an annoying friggin squealing noise through the internal speaker..

Also, if the PSU is indeed bad... usually it kills motherboards too. Hopefully that isn't the scenario this time, but make sure you inspect the board for burnt buses or blown caps.

Yes, worth a shot. Sounds like the m2n is trying to give an error, lol. Though, don't some Asus boards "speak" codes via audio_out ports? I can't remember if the M2N is one of them, but bleh, no RAM AND no Vidcard should definitely give you error beeps, unless its the board or CPU. Typically, POST starts with the CPU, then vidcard, then RAM, or switch RAM and vidcard.

Well...tested a new PSU and still no luck. I've tried removing all of the cards, cmos, etc. etc. and still no beeps. I guess my mobo is fried??

Back