• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

computer speakers = DEAD!!

alkoholik

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 26, 2005
Messages
1,693
well.....I came home the other day and my computer speakers were turned off which I found weird since I never turn them off. So I press the ON button and I hear a humming sound coming from the sub and can't hear anything from the other 4 speakers. So I turn the sound wayyy up and the humming stays the same level but now I can hear some distorted music coming from the other speakers.

i thought that maybe a wire had come loose....checked that and they were all secure. so now it looks like my 2 year old Creative THX Megaworks are done. I'm not really sure what the warranty is since I havent had a chanve to look but I'm sure theyre out of warranty. so now what should i do about speakers....does this ever stop for me?? I thought I was finally done with upgrading (with the new raptor as my last purchase) but now I got to upgrade my speakers too! :mad:

what kind of speakers do u guys have/use? I had my 5.1's setup pretty nice but honestly I didnt really feel like I got the most out of them. I had all the wires hid pretty nicely and all but its such a pain in the ass to get it all setup....I would prefer something a little simplier. Any suggestions??
 
Wireless speakers?

I'm not sure how you killed them... but were they plugged into a surge protector? That may help. Also you may try unplugging them from the wall/power strip if you haven't done so already.
 
they make wireless speakers? if so, are they any good?

yeah, they are plugged into a UPS....so they have constant power running to them. when i said they were off i just meant that they were still on but the wired remote was off (red light)...i just pressed the on button and they turned on (green light).

i was lookin at some speakers on newegg before and saw the creative gigaworks 7.1 ($329 after rebate)....and was also looking at the JBL creature speakers.
 
What's your price range? And do you want 2.1, 5.1, or just 2 real good speakers (2.0)?
 
Pinipig523 said:
What's your price range? And do you want 2.1, 5.1, or just 2 real good speakers (2.0)?

i dont really want to spend any more then $350. I would prefer something with a sub so 2.1, 5.1 or 7.1 but having to setup the speakers and hide everything is a pain...so i may be leaning towards just a really nice 2.1 set
 
For your budget, I'd suggest a pair of really good 2.0s. In particular, I'd suggest either the Swans M200 or pairing Polk R15s or R30s (when outpost does a sale on them of course) with the Sonic Impact T-Amp.
 
I called creative today and they said they could repair the speakers for $50 plus shipping. I think I am just going to do that. Its better then dropping $300+ on new ones.
 
If you do drop $300+ on new ones, you won't be disappointed for the Gigaworks for $329.I know I'm not disappointed with mine. To put it simply... the only times I've turned it up to full volume was when I was at the door of my room, with the remote, ready to run when the music started to play.
 
DudeItsMe said:
If you do drop $300+ on new ones, you won't be disappointed for the Gigaworks for $329.I know I'm not disappointed with mine. To put it simply... the only times I've turned it up to full volume was when I was at the door of my room, with the remote, ready to run when the music started to play.

haha i bet.....i used to crank my music but since ive gotten older i dont......and i dont really have the time to sit and listen to music. i usually listen to all my music in my car (CD, ipod or Sirius). I also bought a Sennheisser headset so i can play games at night w/o waking anyone up so my speakers really havent been used to their full extent....that is why i would opt for some 2.1's if I wasnt going to have these Megaworks THX 550's replaced.
 
Back
Top