computer shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

stca16

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 6, 2002
Messages
238
Can anyone tell me what happened to all the computer shows in california?
I remember MarketPro used to host them all the time now I can't find any.
 
actually #2 I was just thinking the same thing. That would be a great idea, to have a thread for computer shows and comments on each. I'm a little less informed on those and the last one i went to, totally sucked. It was like me cleaning out my garage and selling all my stuff. I laughed when the power supply vendor had units with rust all over them.
 
There computer shows seem to have disapeared from the NY/NJ area too. People just shop online for the best deals now.
 
Kirika said:
There computer shows seem to have disapeared from the NY/NJ area too. People just shop online for the best deals now.

+1, every now and then you would find a killer deal or something rare for next to nothing. I loved the "Cheap/OEM" Software bins too. You could pick up a case for a song and dance.
 
Thanks for the link gangolfus... I was looking for that link quite a while.
 
stca16 said:
Can anyone tell me what happened to all the computer shows in california?
I remember MarketPro used to host them all the time now I can't find any.

www.lacomputerfair.com also see add in the free ComputerUser magazine.

next show is Sept 30 & Oct 1st, OC farigrounds.

I was there a couple months ago and even though it's only 5 minutes from Frys, there were a lot of vendors. I had not been to a show in years and it was like a fun walk back in time.
 
There used to be a few computers shows in the Valley (Northridge, Reseda and Burbank)but all dried up. Near the end all had become pretty lame anyways so no big loss.

I see that the Pomona show is still around in the link above. That one was always the best and was huge. Too bad parking is such a rip off. ;)
 
I haven't been to a show in years. I might go to that next one in Costa Mesa. Spyglass, was the last one you went to in CM any good?
 
CompuDrew said:
I haven't been to a show in years. I might go to that next one in Costa Mesa. Spyglass, was the last one you went to in CM any good?

depends. Staples included vendors specializing in printer ink, mice & keyboards, software, motherboards, memory and CPU's, and a few system dealers. Good place for legacy equipment. If you own a cutting edge computer, now, you would not find much of interest.

have fun, I find it eaiser to make use of Newegg.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top