Computer randomly lost Midi playback

Kaos_Drem

Gawd
Ok i have a sort of a problem although it is really not all that bad.

A while ago my computer lost the ability to play midi, any and all midi. As well as any and all the windows sounds. But it doesn't stop there, i also do not have sound on internet sites, so you know those annoying popups that say "congratulations you have won a ______" i have no sound for those. But also no sound for youtube or googlevideo unless i rip them to my computer first.

I have sound for all my games, and all my music so its not that big of a deal but i still would like to know if there is any fixes available or if anyone has any idea what to do.

I have an xfi and i believe that my system is listed in my profile. I have tried reinstalling drivers to no avail and im all out of ideas. Lets get this straight, reformatting is out of the question for now, and if i can't fix it im just going to deal with it until the summer. Anyway, thanks ahead of time to those that think they can help me.

Running xp pro sp1 if that has anything to do with it, because i don't trust even numbered service packs, and well i highly doubt that it has anything to do with it anyway.

Back