Fozzy Fozborne
n00b
- Joined
- Nov 4, 2006
- Messages
- 7
After I updated my BIOS (using EZ Flash, through a floppy disk), my computer has been randomly completely freezing. It's not just a program, the entire computer just freezes on one frame until I hit the reset button.
There doesn't appear to be any pattern between the freezes, it freezes when I play games, it freezes when I watch movies, it freezes when I'm on the desktop, heck! it even freezes when I leave it alone for more than 10 minutes.
After I flashed it, I tried again, this time I used the Windows method (Asus Update), it seemed to work fine yesterday, but today, it's still freezing!
Any idea what could be causing this???
It seemed fine before the BIOS update (heck, I'd put that one back on if they still had it on the Asus website).
Of course, the specs
Asus M2N-SLi Deluxe
NZXT PRC-550 PSU
AM2 Socket AMD 4200X2+
Corsair XMS2 DDR-2 800
I'm on BIOS revision 801 Here
Oh yeah, I run RAM test for 5 hours with no errors.
And I have no Spyware, no Adware, and no Viruses (I scanned them all on safe mode).
Stupid me always screwing with things that are fine
There doesn't appear to be any pattern between the freezes, it freezes when I play games, it freezes when I watch movies, it freezes when I'm on the desktop, heck! it even freezes when I leave it alone for more than 10 minutes.
After I flashed it, I tried again, this time I used the Windows method (Asus Update), it seemed to work fine yesterday, but today, it's still freezing!
Any idea what could be causing this???
It seemed fine before the BIOS update (heck, I'd put that one back on if they still had it on the Asus website).
Of course, the specs
Asus M2N-SLi Deluxe
NZXT PRC-550 PSU
AM2 Socket AMD 4200X2+
Corsair XMS2 DDR-2 800
I'm on BIOS revision 801 Here
Oh yeah, I run RAM test for 5 hours with no errors.
And I have no Spyware, no Adware, and no Viruses (I scanned them all on safe mode).
Stupid me always screwing with things that are fine