• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer Prolem with Rebooting

Aybabtu

n00b
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
40
Hey guys, I am not exactly sure that this is related to hardware so move me if needed.

My computer:

2.8 P4 HT
512 DDR 400 Corsair XMS series
60gig SATA 7200 RPM Western Digital
(I will have to get my motherboard manufacturer when I get home)


My problem:

While I am in the middle of playing a game (any game really) my computer monitor will display a blue screen with no text on it. The computer is locked hard, and the sound just sits on the last note it was playing. I power down the computer and power it back up and I get the following message: "Windows has just recovered from a criticle error." After that happens it seems like I can go about my computer business until the following day. I have downloaded the latest sound and video drivers and this has not fixed my problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Aybabtu.
 
it could be many things. i personally thing its either the RAM or the hard drive.

download and burn MemTest86+ and run that on your computer for at least 1 run. if memtest has any errors, its the RAM.

if the RAM is fine, get a disk utility program from Western Digital to check the HDD. the HDD may be going bad, considering its WD.

it could also be the video card. you really need to post all the info. like wat video card you have. the video card could be overheating or dying.
 
Sorry about the video card. It is a Radeon 8600 I believe. I will try to get those utilities as well.
 
Back
Top