Computer problem that has me stumped.

I'm pretty good at figuring out hardware problems, but this has me stumped.

So my brother moved back in here. His computer was working fine at the apartment, but it just plain won't turn on after he set it up here. I checked all the usual suspects I could think of (anything loose, bad power supply, bad power outlet, bad outlet on the surge protector, if a screw got under the motherboard and was causing a short.....)

I probably did more than that; but those are off the top of my head. Could the power switch be bad?

Any ideas?

I'm pretty good at figuring out hardware problems, but this has me stumped.

So my brother moved back in here. His computer was working fine at the apartment, but it just plain won't turn on after he set it up here. I checked all the usual suspects I could think of (anything loose, bad power supply, bad power outlet, bad outlet on the surge protector, if a screw got under the motherboard and was causing a short.....)

I probably did more than that; but those are off the top of my head. Could the power switch be bad?

Any ideas?
did you reseat everything on the board?

Sathsayin: Yeah, I made sure all connections were tight.

And yeah, I did check the power switch.

sounds like a short or power problem. follow the instructions for "if your build won't post" in the troubleshooting guide for the barebone bench test setup.

Back