computer not working correctly

xFuryofFivex

[H]ard|Gawd
I downloaded a movie on limewire...and now my computer wont let me delete it says "computer is used by another person or program" ive virus scanned it, spyware scanned. and still cant delete it.

anyone ever encounter this problem...
am i inline for a OS format...

if you're inexperienced enough to get yourself into this, i recommend a format.

try looking at the sticky for free software, there's an entry called "Who Lock Me" or some such, try using it.

My guess is that you don't have an infected file (though don't discount it). Basically you've got a file that explorer doesn't understand.

There are a few things that you can try. Take a look at WhoLockMe and see what you think. That'll tell you the process that is using the file at the moment. You may be able to end the process that's locking, but that's highly doubtful.

Try instead opening a dos window and navigating to the location where the file is. Then open task manager, kill explorer, delete the file in the dos box, then rerun explorer from task manager. That ought to take care of most files that you need. If you need a little more help, you can always try to delete the file outside of a windows envrionment (ala BartPE).

xFuryofFivex said:
well define inexperienced?
Inexperienced enough to come on here, and discuss something that can get you banned. :rolleyes:

Did you reboot, and then try to delete it?

get me banned how so...i told u that i checked the file...
Nothing came up on for it...

i just wanted to see if anyone else ever had the same problem.

xFuryofFivex said:
get me banned how so...i told u that i checked the file...
Nothing came up on for it...

i just wanted to see if anyone else ever had the same problem.
b/c it's illegal to discuss warez on here. i'll assume it's a corrupted fedora cd.

i had the same problem once, when using KaZaA to get my linux distros, becuase that's how i roll ;)

i ended up using the windows tool Eraser (http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/) to delete it.

good luck with that damn fedora discs--they are a bitch, aren't they?

of course sir...but consider its a song that i downloaded.. because the real copy of the cd cracked... or a movie that i own on dvd.. and wnted to convert it to a windows video file so i could put it on my pocket pc..... also if i owned the thing that im downloading, could that be considered backing up my investment in that product..

really not cool to assume.. that right away im doing something illegal.. i know warez is illegal...but the problem i had is not... or what if it was from a legit site.. that offered downloads... yet it had a little extra something with it..that i didnt catch

ididnt come here to discuss... limewire or morpheus..., kazaa whatever it may be...

xFuryofFivex said:
of course sir...but consider its a song that i downloaded.. because the real copy of the cd cracked... or a movie that i own on dvd.. and wnted to convert it to a windows video file so i could put it on my pocket pc..... also if i owned the thing that im downloading, could that be considered backing up my investment in that product..

really not cool to assume.. that right away im doing something illegal.. i know warez is illegal...but the problem i had is not... or what if it was from a legit site.. that offered downloads... yet it had a little extra something with it..that i didnt catch

ididnt come here to discuss... limewire or morpheus..., kazaa whatever it may be...
look, we're trying to look out for you.

fact is, regardless of their personal preferences, the mods enforce that rule uber-diligently--anything that could remotely be tied to "warez" is killed instantly. It's like the Insta-Gib in Unreal.

just cover your ass and call it Linux. i'm, quite frankly, assuming it's warez; i don't care. They do (or have to).

EDIT: did eraser do the trick?

Back