• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer not turning on...

craklin'

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Messages
110
I got a problem and I don't know where else to turn to now. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Heres the problem. When I turn on my computer, the power comes on, the hard drive starts spinning and then thats it. No beeps, nothing. No signal is being sent to the monitor. I have replaced my video card and powersupply so far to fix the problem, but to no avail. I assume it has to be either my memory, motherboard, or CPU now, but I don't want to replace all three if I don't have to. What could it be causing this problem?

Any ideas?

Specs
Abit KX-7 mobo
AMD 1700+ XP CPU
512MB Kingston DDR memory
400W Antec powersupply
 
If this is not a new system, were any changes done to it recently? Was it working fine before?

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
 
What data cable? IDE cable? Monitor cable?

This is not a new system. And yes it just stopped working, no new changes. I will try clearing the CMOS tonight.

Thanks
Chad
 
Back
Top