• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Computer not recognizing both GPU's

Enjin

n00b
Joined
May 30, 2013
Messages
11
Yesterday I installed windows 10 on a new hard drive in my old rig. I use a GTX 560 for one monitor and a 275 for the other. As far as I can remember, I did not have any problems setting this up with windows 7. However after installing drivers for the 560, my computer did not recognize the 275 as being installed. So i figured I just need to get the driver for the 275 as well. I installed that as well and my comp recognized my second GPU and the second monitor turned on. I figured that I solved my problem, but when I went to start up a game, it complained that my video drivers were not up to date. I apparently went full circle when I updated my driver because my second monitor turned back off and my comp didn't recognize the 275 again after the update.

Any thoughts on this issue?
 
remove all drivers. remove the 560 from the computer, install the 275 drivers, put the 560 in the computer, install the 560 drivers.
 
The GTX 275 is a legacy product, now. 341.95 is the last driver released that supports it. You can't run two versions of the driver at the same time.

You could drive both monitors off of the 560. If you need to run the monitor off a second card I'd think about replacing the 275 with a 750 Ti. It's faster than the 275, supports newer features, uses less power, and can be found for around $90.
 
Back
Top