Computer Not Powering On - Not Power Supply

Codegen

Gawd
So, I recently got a new (used) motherboard to replace my dying Chaintech. Now, I'm trying to get an Asus P4S333 working, and it won't power on. All it will do when I hit the switch is slightly move the fans, and nothing else. I'm running with nothing but the CPU, and the P4 connector is connected.

Also, I had another mothreboard before this that was doing it, until a loose screw hit the sweet spot and... yeah.

I'm hoping it's not the motherboard...

make sure nothing is grounding out the motherboard... metal wire screws..... even the power switch could be causing a problem ... had to that once frustrated the heck out of me till I figured out that the power switch was not releasing completely after pressing it... might even try to turn it on outside of the case

also the jumper to clear the CMOS needs to be in the right position some motherboards will not turn off if it's not.

It's not shorting out - I'm running it on cardboard and am using a screwdriver to short it, will check the jumper.
Edit: Ok, flipping the jumper makes it not even give it that little stint of power.

Eh, I think I figured it out.

I took the CPU out, and it seems to get a bigger jolt of power, so I'm thinking that the PSU seems to have lost capability to deliver anything beyond standby power. Not sure why the other one isn't working though. Mind you, it is an older 250W, but it has the P4 connector, so I would've thought that it would've been capable of delivering power to a P4 1.8 :S

Back