Computer Not Booting Up! Need Help...

{NcsO}ReichstaG

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello,
I have a friend. He was playing with Windows Vista, shut off his computer, and when he tried booting up...nothing happened!
This is his computer specs:
1) XCLIO XClio 450BL ATX 450W
2) DFI Ultra-D Mobo S939
3) Opteron 144 S939
4) OCZ Ram (2x512)
5) Hds stuff like that..
Well we tried to jump start the PSU and it jump started fine! So we think it's not the PSU. He trie DISCONNECTING everything and just leaving the CPU plugged in.
So the PSU is connected to the mobo. The only thing plugged into the mobo is the CPU.
He tries booting up with the DFI on-board turn on buttons, nothing happens. HOWEVER,
his motherboard's bottom StandBy LED is on.
Any ideas? Short circuiting somewhere maybe?
-Thanks

Whoa... I have a very similar problem.

Try plugging in the PSU and letting it sit for 15 minutes before you try to boot. My computer wouldn't boot at all after I had had the PSU unplugged for about 3 hours. After 15 minutes of just sitting there plugged in the computer was finally able to boot.

Almost seemed like the PSU had to "charge" before it could boot.

well , 'charging' the psu didn't work. Also i tried to reset CMOS and that didn't do anything either. Is it possible that a bad cpu will cause this? I didn't unplug the CPU from the mobo yet, but everything else is off.

I tried both using the power button on the case and on the DFI board, nothing happens

Should I remove the CPU ?
Can we decide what is the problem? BTW the ram and hdd works on another computer

I tested the PSU on another computer (20pin mobo). It powers on and boots correctly. which means the PSU is working. So the problem has to be in the mobo or the CPU.

Any way I can find out?

IS it possible, that the mobo is working? but a failed CPU is preventing powerup ? If that's not possible, then I can decide for sure the problem is mobo and possibly RMA it

Oh wow. I am having almost an identical problem with my DFI UT CFX3200. I have had pretty much all the exact same problems you have had, except mine weren't caused by fooling around with vista. I am ending up RMAing both my CPU and mobo because I can't tell which one isn't working. I would switch the cpu with someone else, but none of my friends have a s939 mobo :(

If you ever find a solution to this, tell me! ;)

yeah I'm going to test it on another PSU.

I just hope it's not the CPU because it is OEM and has no warranty

Back